What piqued your fellow marketers’ interest this year — our top 10 columns on Marketing Land
For those who’re right here for strategic social media insights, you’re indubitably now not on my own, as the majority of the most-read columns of 2017 touched on social media advertising and marketing subjects. From LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences to Fb set of rules hacks to promoting on social media and developing compelling content material, those columns explored each time-tested guidelines and new merchandise and strategies.
Within the “new twists” class got here AJ Wilcox’ piece — our most sensible column of the yr irrespective of subject — which explored LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences product and when compared it to Fb Customized Audiences. Chris Kerns introduced marketers to Twitch, a live-streaming video platform, whilst Brian Patterson explored the viral phenomenon that is the Instant Pot, which in reality hit the mainstream in 2017. Additionally on our digital pages, Wesley Younger talked up Facebook’s new ad targeting capabilities and Andrew Dubatowka defied expectations about brand safety — a scorching subject within the show area in recent times.
However perennial subjects like selling on social media, creating compelling content and leveraging analytics had been additionally large hits with the Advertising Land target audience, which understands that advertising and marketing basics frequently stay the similar even though their expressions alternate as new applied sciences force shifts in shopper behavior. For those who neglected any of those insightful columns, we inspire you to have a look as we imagine the teachings of 2017 and dive into the demanding situations and alternatives of 2018.
- LinkedIn’s new Matched Audiences feature just blew Facebook Custom Audiences out of the water for B2B by means of AJ Wilcox, revealed on four/24/2017.
- 9 ways to sell on social media by means of Jordan Kasteler, revealed on 1/3/2017.
- Why marketers should be paying attention to Twitch by means of Chris Kerns, revealed on 1/16/2017.
- 5 Facebook algorithm hacks to up your content marketing game by means of Sweta Patel, revealed on nine/four/2017.
- The magic behind the Instant Pot viral phenomenon (and the CEO’s favorite recipe) by means of Brian Patterson, revealed on three/13/2017.
- The most brand-safe app category is not what you’d expect by means of Andrew Dubatowka, revealed on 7/17/2017.
- Facebook tests a new ad format that puts it further ahead of its competitors by means of Wesley Young, revealed on nine/11/2017.
- 10 tools for creating compelling content for social media by means of Jordan Kasteler, revealed on eight/15/2017.
- 10 things you should be doing now on social media to grow your business by means of Will Scott, revealed on 2/27/2017.
- Are you leveraging these underutilized Google Analytics features? by means of David Booth, revealed on 2/27/2017.
!serve as(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)(window, file,’script’,’https://attach.fb.web/en_US/fbevents.js’); fbq(‘init’, ‘284264255335363’); // Insert your pixel ID right here. fbq(‘monitor’, ‘PageView’); window.fbAsyncInit = serve as() ; // Load the SDK (serve as(d, s, identification)(file, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));