Ultimate List of WordPress Stats, Facts, and Other Research
Not too long ago one in all our readers requested us to supply some WordPress stats, info, and analysis to lend a hand persuade their boss on why they should use WordPress. Although WordPress is the most well liked website online builder on the planet, every now and then recognition by myself isn’t sufficient for customers to make up their intellect. On this article, we now have compiled an final record of WordPress stats, info, and different analysis that can assist you persuade others to start out the usage of WordPress.
The Fundamentals: What’s WordPress?
It’s vital to not confuse WordPress (the tool) with WordPress.com which is a hosted resolution. To be told extra, see the adaptation between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org in our side-by-side comparability.
It began when two customers of a running a blog tool referred to as b2/cafelog made up our minds to take the tool in a brand new course. The theory used to be coined via Matt Mullenweg who used to be then joined via Mark Little and in combination they launched the primary model of WordPress on Might 27, 2003.
Since then, WordPress has developed from a easy running a blog tool to a CMS, website online builder, eCommerce platform, and extra. To be told extra, see our article concerning the history of WordPress.
WordPress is a neighborhood tool and hundreds of customers from in all places the arena have contributed to it via filing code, solving insects, translating, checking out, and serving to others use it.
Let’s check out some WordPress stats and info to peer how WordPress helps folks do good stuff on the web.
How Well-liked is WordPress?
WordPress is immensely standard and is utilized by tens of millions of folks in all places the arena. Listed below are some numbers to position issues in viewpoint.
- WordPress powers greater than 30% of all internet sites on the web.
- It additionally holds just about 60% of CMS marketplace proportion. No different website builder software comes shut.
- WordPress powers internet sites for big name brands together with Disney, Sony, Fb, and extra.
- 14.7% of best 100 Web sites are powered via WordPress.
- Greater than 22% of all new domain names in america are working WordPress.
- On a daily basis greater than 1014 WordPress websites and 496 WooCommerce stores sign up for the highest 10 million internet sites tracked via W3Techs.
Plugins are like apps to your WordPress website online. You’ll set up them so as to add new options on your web page and prolong its capability. To be told extra, see our information on what are WordPress plugins and how do they work?.
Listed below are some mind-blowing info about WordPress plugins, which display simply how large the WordPress ecosystem is.
- There are greater than 50,000 unfastened WordPress plugins on WordPress.org plugin listing by myself.
- three of the ones plugins are put in on five million+ internet sites.
- 19 top WordPress plugins are put in on greater than 1 million internet sites.
- The most well liked eCommerce plugin, WooCommerce is put in on greater than three million internet sites with 43 million all time downloads.
Those stats are from WordPress.org plugin listing by myself. Many plugin builders promote top class variations in their plugins from their very own internet sites.
With a wholesome plugins ecosystem, it signifies that you’ll be able to upload customized capability on your website online at a fragment of the price of customized building.
Topics regulate the semblance of a WordPress website online. Those are WordPress explicit website online design templates that you’ll be able to set up to your website online to switch its glance.
There are literally thousands of unfastened and paid WordPress subject matters to be had providing WordPress customers an never-ending mixture of design, structure, colour schemes, and contours.
- Topics had been first presented with WordPress 1.five again in 2005, with the primary new default WordPress theme referred to as Kubrick
- Similar to plugins, there are each unfastened and paid WordPress subject matters that you’ll be able to set up.
- WordPress.org’s unfastened theme listing has greater than five,800 unfastened WordPress subject matters.
- In keeping with Builtwith, Genesis theme framework is the most well liked theme utilized by 17% of internet sites analyzed via their provider.
- 1000’s of subject matters are offered via Commercial WordPress theme shops with a mean value of $40 in line with theme.
WordPress is essentially the most regularly used CMS tool on the planet, which additionally makes it a commonplace goal of hacking makes an attempt, DDOS assaults, malware, and trojans.
- In keeping with Sucuri, a number one website online safety corporate, 83% of all CMS based totally internet sites that had been hacked in 2017 had been working WordPress. This quantity isn’t sudden bearing in mind that WordPress holds 60% of CMS marketplace proportion.
- Sucuri additionally reported that 39% of hacked WordPress internet sites had been the usage of an out of date model of the tool. That’s why you will have to always use the latest version of WordPress to your website online.
- Just about 50% WordPress websites are suffering from a safety vulnerability led to via an out of date or poorly coded WordPress plugin or theme
- Round eight% of WordPress websites had been hacked because of a vulnerable password.
You’ll make your WordPress web page as safe as imaginable via following some elementary safety absolute best practices. To be told extra, see our entire WordPress security guide for step-by-step directions.
Incessantly the stats above reason WordPress to get a foul popularity, however the fact is that WordPress itself isn’t insecure. WordPress core is going via rigorous safety audits, and it’s extra safe than many different platforms available in the market.
The one fault WordPress has is that it’s standard which ends up in stats like above.
WordPress has a large consumer base unfold throughout in all places the arena. It’s utilized by now not simply companies, but additionally governments, schools and colleges, non-profits, and extra.
As an open supply mission, WordPress is pushed via an international neighborhood of customers. Because of this any person can give a contribution to the mission in many alternative techniques.
- WordPress translation neighborhood has it totally translated into 56 languages, partly translated in dozens extra.
- In 2017, WordPress communities all over the world arranged 128 WordCamp occasions, in 48 nations, and offered 39,625 tickets.
- In 2017, Native WordPress communities arranged four,379 meetups in 73 nations
If you wish to give a contribution to WordPress, then see our information on how to get involved with WordPress project.
The WordPress Financial system
WordPress has a thriving billion buck ecosystem that creates hundreds of jobs in all places the arena. This additionally comprises freelancers, builders, and corporations that promote WordPress comparable services.
- On the time of writing this text, freelancer.com website online by myself had 564,zero10 WordPress jobs posted out of those 13,680 had been open.
- 1000’s of WordPress jobs are these days open on many standard freelancing internet sites.
- Reasonable hourly price for WordPress builders will also be any place between $20-$100 in line with hour relying on their experience and process handy.
- A custom WordPress theme with its personal distinctive design and plugins can value $10,000 and it is going to building up relying on mission’s necessities.
- There are loads of small and massive companies, businesses, and builders promoting WordPress comparable merchandise. See our record of the most influential WordPress businesses and companies and what they do.
We are hoping this text helped you find some new WordPress stats, info, and engaging analysis. You might also need to see our article + infograph on 25 interesting facts about WordPress.
The put up Ultimate List of WordPress Stats, Facts, and Other Research seemed first on WPBeginner.